BOD Minutes of 1 December 2014
PRESENT: Sam Valenza, Larry Ohda, John Bailey, Sam Parkinson, Harley Shepherd, Clay Buehler, and Terry VanDerBoom
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 1710 BY PRESIDENT SAM VALENZA
- Approval of minutes of 3 November 2014 – Approved 6-0
- Treasurers report – accepted, attached by reference
- 2014 Club Projects
- Hand gun range – basically completed, in use now
- Pulley system – Spring project. Approved up to $800 6-0
- Range accessibility fence – tabled
- 5 stand deck – tabled
- Power and cameras for 5 stand and hand gun range – tabled
- All 2014 events completed
- Carpet cleaning – postponed until Spring
- 2015 Elections – Nomination now open
- 2015 dues – Still $125, DUE ON OR BEFORE FEBRUARY 1. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED. IF DUES ARE LATE, MUST REAPPLY AND PAY $175
- New Business
- Skeet field timers installed – turns heat on and off in high houses
- Approved 50 rounds for Tom Platt for his extended work 6-0
- Order clay targets in December
- Handgun training – on going
- Business of members – non
MEETING ADJOURNED AT 1750.
NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING IS MONDAY, 5 JANUARY 2015
Respectfully submitted: Sam Parkinson, Secretary
The handgun range is now operational. Members will be required to complete the handgun/range safety course before the range can be used. Under no circumstance can anyone use the range before completing the course. To sign up for the course contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278 for weekend morning classes and Don Lyydon at 815-877-0754 for weekday afternoon classes. The classes are under an hour long. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection. A twenty five dollar annual fee for 2015 is due at the completion of the class. The club guest policy applies for all handgun range guests – sign them into the guest log book and collect a $5.00 guest fee.
The BOD has approved pulley systems for two lanes on the handgun range for paper targets. The plan is to install them in the spring of next year.
Tom Platt has installed heater in all of the skeet high houses in an attempt to prevent targets from freezing together and throwing two targets at a time. The control is located above the power switches. Simply twist the nob for up to six hours of heating.
The invoices for the 2015 club dues have been mailed. Payment is due by February 1, 2015.
WINTER SHOOTING RULES
The following winter shooting rules are affective immediately:
- Trap and skeet fields and sidewalks are to be cleared of snow before shooting. Shovels are outside of the club house and in the storage barn. The snow blower is available for use and is located in the storage barn. Do not shoot on fields that have not been cleared of snow. Doing so will compact the snow and make it difficult to remove. It is everyone’s job to pitch in to remove snow from the sidewalks and shooting fields.
- As always, gun cases are not permitted in the club house. Guns will be permitted, however it is strongly suggested that they only be kept inside if it is snowing or raining.
2014 Club Projects
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved and on hold
- Electrical power and cameras for the 5 stand and handgun range – under consideration
2014 Club Events
- All scheduled events have been completed
President, Rockford Skeet Club