Club member George Ketter is offering reclaimed shot for sale. He has 80 25# bottles of number 9 shot for $27 per bottle. The sale is on a first come first serve basis. If you are interested in making a purchase, please call George at 815-631-9366 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club member Jerry Cello is holding a concealed carry class on August 13 & 14 from 8am to 5pm. The cost is $150 for members and $180 for non-members. Veterans get a 50% discount. If you are interested in taking this class, please call Jerry at 815-322-6721 or email him at email@example.com.
This is for the men of our club. When shooting, we all try hard to insure that our aim is true. When using the bathroom, we have to also try to make sure our aim true. However, if your aim is not true, we ask that you take a seat. This will help to keep our new floors clean and sanitary.
The Vintage Shoot was held on June 18, 2016. This is a shoot where only vintage guns are used. It is only open to side by sides and pre-World War II single barrel trap guns. Thanks to Frank Halsey and Todd Hendrey for coordinating this shoot and thanks to Dan Gengo for another fabulous lunch. The winners are as follows:
- 1st HOA – Frank Halsey
- 2nd HOA – Owen Anderson
- 1st Trap – George Ketter
- 2nd Trap – Rob Allen
- 1st Sporting Clays – Lance Vidlak
- 2nd Sporting Clays – Todd Hendrey
The following is our revised Guest Procedure and Overshoot Procedure:
RSC GUEST PROCEDURE
- Guest(s) and their host member shall print their names and date in the guest log book on every visit to the club.
- The Guest will shoot at member’s round fee. The member may log all rounds (member and guest) on his/her page in the log book to pay for Guest rounds shot. Or, the Guest may pay for their own rounds by placing payment in a payment envelope and clearly marking envelope “payment of guest rounds” including the Guests name.
- The Guest will also be required to pay a $5.00 user fee for each day that he/she shoots. The $5.00 user fee will be deposited in the envelopes provided and will be placed in the club depository located in the clubhouse.
- The member’s spouse, children, and grandchildren (under the age of 25) may shoot under the member’s membership.
Effective: May 10, 2016
(Effective June 6, 2016)
- Shot from the Rockford Skeet Club’s various venues (trap, skeet, 5 stand) is falling on the Northern Illinois Rifle and Pistol Club’s property. Most of our property (except for 5 stand) is protected by an overshoot agreement. However, to protect vehicles and people that may be on the Northern Illinois Rifle and Pistol Club’s access road located to the East of our club, shooters will immediately cease fire upon seeing a vehicle or person on that road.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278 for weekend morning classes and Don Lyddon at 815-877-0754 for weekday afternoon classes. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection, and a $25.00 annual fee.
2016 Club Projects
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved and on hold
- Pulley systems for the handgun range – in process
2016 Club Events
- Registered Skeet Shoot – Aug. 13 & 14, 2016
- Landfill lunch – Sept. 16, 2016
- Bragging Rights Shoot – Oct. 15, 2016
- Geezer – Sept. 17, 2016
- Turkey Shoot – Nov. 5, 2016
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.