The 2016 dues invoices were mailed to all of the members and should have already been received or will be received in the next couple of days. Any member that joined the club after September 30, 2015 will not receive an invoice as their dues are paid up through 2016. Payment is due by February 1, 2016. Let me know if you did not get an invoice.
The handgun range pulley system to be used for paper targets is in the construction phase and completion has been delayed for a few week as some material has not been received yet.
The club held the first annual Turkey Shoot in November. It was a lot of fun. We had a number of winner whose names were posted in the club house. Thanks to Frank Halsey and his crew for coordinating this shoot. Oh Yea, the food was excellent.
The club has ordered hats and shirts with the club logo and will be for sales in the next couple of weeks. Samples of the shirts will be hung in the club house along with a signup sheet. Prepayment for the shirts is required prior to the order being submitted to the vendor. As in the past, the hats will be stocked in the club house.
Skeet field 3 is still not operational. The repair parts have been received and will be installed in the near future weather permitting.
For the first time in club history, we have received our third semi-truck of targets this year. Our storage barn is full so come on out and help us shoot em up.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278 for weekend morning classes and Don Lyddon at 815-877-0754 for weekday afternoon classes. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection, and a $25.00 annual fee.
2015 Club Projects
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved and on hold
- Cameras for 5 stand and the handgun range – in process
- Pulley systems for the handgun range – in process
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year,
Sam Valenza, President, Rockford Skeet Club
BOD Meeting of 7 December 2015
PRESENT: Sam Valenza, Larry Ohda, Randy Scott, Al Perry, Harley Shepherd, Clay Buehler, and Terry VanDerBoom
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 1735 BY PRESIDENT SAM VALENZA
- Minutes of November 2, 2015 – Accepted as presented 6-0
- Treasurers Report:
- Accepted as read, attached by reference
- Review of 2016 Budget plan was completed. Final budget will be completed in January 2016 and will include any revision as result of December activities and any new projects/needs identified for inclusion. Final budget will be posted upon completion.
- Financial reporting for 2015 calendar year will be completed in January prior to meeting with accountants
- 2015 Projects
- Hand gun range pulley system – in process – working through pulley system design.
- Construction of 5 stand deck – 2 designs under review – construction on hold pending over shoot rights resolution. No change
- Cameras for 5 stand and pistol range – Equipment donated installation needs to be scheduled. No change.
- Club will order video surveillance signs – Five signs were purchased and will be mounted strategically on club land. Larry Ohda to install.
- A surge suppressor was added to the trap field.
- New shipment of clay targets was received December 7, 2015.
- Additional pull cords for the trap machine exist but would not solve issues surrounding power outages.
- Additional liability insurance to cover board members was purchased by the club.
- 2016 Club board elections: Offices of President, Secretary, and at large BoD Directors (3) will be on the ballet. Elections are scheduled for February.
- Club Dues invoices were sent to all members and responses can be made to payment drawer or Terry VanDerBoom.
- Skeet field three repairs will completed within next couple of weeks
- 2015 Events – All events complete. Financial reports were completed for all events
- Vintage shoot – 20 June 2015.
- Registered Skeet Shoot – August 15 and 16, 2015.
- Old Geezer Shoot – 5 September 2015.
- Landfill Lunch – 8 September 2015.
- Braggin Rights shoot – 17 October 2015.
- Turkey Shoot – 7 November 2015
- New Business
- RSC club board members continue to meet with S & T Land Corp board members improve relations and develop comprehensive plans for club growth. The teams met on November 30, 2015 and will continue the meetings in January 2016 .
- No other member business.
NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING IS TUESDAY, 4 JANUARY 2016 @ 1730
Respectfully submitted – Al Perry, Secretary