This year’s Vintage/other gun shoot winners are as follows.
- Vintage guns
- 1st Owen Anderson
- 2nd Mike Mammoser
- 3rd Todd Hendrey
- Other guns
- 1st George Ketter
- 2nd Brian Wynn and Lance Vidlak tied
- 3rd Mike Brost
Congratulation guys and thanks to Todd and crew for coordinating this shoot.
Our next handgun shoot is this Saturday July 7 and the rules are as follows.
- Course of fire ” El Presidente”
- 3 targets at 11 yards. At whistle shooter will fire 2 shots on each target, reload and shoot two more shots on each target. Shooter will start with 6 rounds in the gun and reload with 6 rounds. You can shoot left to right or right to left either way the last target shot with first 6 rounds will be first target shot after reload. This will be repeated 3 times, 36 round total.
- 22 rim fire shooters will shoot for free and not compete for prize money.
- $5 entry fee, money back to shooters minus .50 cent of entry fee per shooter for targets, etc.
- This is a timed event, fastest time wins. Any shot out of the scoring area will be a one second penalty. Example, after 3 rounds your time is 24 seconds but there were 3 shots out of scoring area the score would be 24 +3 = 27 seconds.
- Only one shooter at a time but since there is no scoring, x, 10, 9, etc. just replacing center of target it should take less than 5 minutes per shooter.
The club’s annual Silver Dollar Register Skeet Shoot is July 14 and 15. This is a 30 shooter event. The cost is $48.00 a gun with all fees included. For registration, please email email@example.com with your rotation preferences and shooting squad. The skeet fields are reserved for the registered shooters on these two days and will not be available to other shooters during this event. Trap, 5- stand, and the handgun range will remain open to all shooters.
The club has hired a cleaning service that will clean the club house once a month. This does not mean that we do not have to pick up after ourselves, vacuum when needed, and empty the garbage cans when full. In other words, we all need to help keep the place clean.
We have some new hats for sale at $20.00 each. They are located in the book case on the back wall of the club house. If you buy a hat, please put the money in an envelope that is on the log book desk and put the envelope, duly marked, in the deposit drawer.
Please note that trap field 2 is down and will be repaired as soon as possible.
2018 Club Projects
- Skeet Fields Landscaping – completed
2018 Club Events
- Handgun shoot – 7/7/18
- Silver Dollar Registered Skeet Shoot – 7/14 & 7/15
- Old Geezer Shoot – 8/8/18
- Landfill Lunch – 9/14/18
- Braggin Rights Shoot – 10/6/18
- Turkey Shoot – cancelled
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.