The Skeet Club (RSC) and the Northern Illinois Rifle and Pistol Club NIRPC) have negotiated a memorandum of agreement which helps to insure that our club will be secure for years to come in the event that the sale of the S&T land is sold to the NIRPC. The agreement includes the follow:
- Six five year options upon the expiration of our current lease. Rental will be $7,900 per year which is the same as we will be paying with the last option of our current lease which expires in February 2025. After the first five year option there will be a 3% escalation for each 5 year option
- The NIRPC grants RSC a right of first refusal on their land to the east of our club and the property that we will be leasing in the event that they decide to sell the land
- NIRPC will not infringe on our over shoot agreement and will work with us to restructure the current agreement to benefit both clubs. Both organization will also attempt to work on a 5 stand venue over shoot agreement
- All of our equipment will remain the property of the RSC.
As a result of this agreement and the possibility of future opportunities, it is the RSCs Board of Directors opinion that the sale of S&T to the NIRPC go forward.
This year’s Turkey Shoot is Saturday November 5. At 9am to noon. This shoot is for a $15.00 turkey. Participants will shoot 2 birds from each station on the trap field for a total of 10 birds. The high score from each five person squad will be the winner. For skeet, 2 birds will be shot from stations 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 for a total of 10 birds. The high score from each five person squad will be the winner. For 5 Stand, 2 birds will be shot from each station for a total of 10 birds. Again, the high score from each 5 person squad will be the winner. The cost is $5.00 each time an event is shot. Lunch is included
The annual Braggin Rights Shoot was held on Saturday, October 15. The winners are: 1st place – George Ketter, 2nd place – Greg Baylander, 3rd place Jim Dial. Congratulation guys.
2016 Club Projects
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved and on hold
2016 Club Events
- Turkey Shoot – Nov. 5, 2016
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.