As of November 4, 2019 Larry Oda has resigned as Vice President of our club. Al Perry has taken Larry’s vice president position and Caleb Davis has taken over Al’s Secretary position. Again I would like to thank Larry for all of his years of service to the club.
The annual Braggin Rights Shoot was held on Saturday October 12. George Ketter won first place, Greg Baylander was second and Rob Tholin was third. Congratulations gentlemen. I was disappointed in the turnout for this shoot and previous shoots that were held this year. Ten members participated in the Braggin Rights shoot and the other shoots were not well attended either. This is a pattern with our shoots and I don’t know why. The board will be discussing the fate of future shoots. If you have any ideas as to how we can get more participation, please let me or any board member know of your ideas.
The flashing lights in the pistol range have been relocated from the ceiling to above the shooting stations so that they are more visible when turned on. Thanks to Bob Liphart for moving them.
Now that winter is upon us the following winter shooting rule are in effect.
- Trap and skeet fields and sidewalks are to be cleared of snow before shooting. Shovels are outside of the club house and in the storage barn. The snow blower is available for use and is located in the storage barn. Do not shoot on fields that have not been cleared of snow. Doing so will compact the snow and make it difficult to remove. It is everyone’s job to pitch in to remove snow from the sidewalks and shooting fields.
- As always, gun cases are not permitted in the club house. Guns will be permitted, but it is strongly suggested that they only be kept inside if it is raining or snowing.
We are selling club T-shirts for $15.00 each and they are located on the back counter of the club house. We have medium, large, extra-large, and 2X large. To buy a shirt, please put your cash or check in a club envelope dully marked and put the envelope in the deposit drawer.
The invoices for the 2020 membership dues will be sent during the first week of December. Payment has to be received by February 1, 2020 in order to continue your membership. Payment received after February 1, 2019 will not be accepted. In order to be reinstated, a new membership application will be required with a check for $175.00.
The board will be establishing our 2020 events and projects. If have any ideas regarding events and projects, please let me or any board member know what you are thinking.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-456-2871, or Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
2019 Club Projects
- Skeet field 1 cement sidewalk from station 4 to station 8 and walks from all skeet fields high houses to the stairs – on hold
- Level the stairs on the skeet field high houses
- Rewiring of skeet field 3 as a result of the installation of the new machines
- All events are completed
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.