I want to thank the members that came out for cleanup day. A lot was accomplished and the club grounds look great. Thanks for donating your time.
Last year we had a vintage gun shoot that was not very well attended so we decided to have a vintage gun shoot in combination with a modern gun shoot. This shoot will be held on Saturday, June 24 at 9:00am. Vintage gun are defined as shotguns made prior to World War II. By making this change it is hoped that we will get more members to participate. Lunch is included. Let’s make this fun and the biggest club shoot ever. Frank Halsey and crew will be hosting this event.
Rules for the vintage and modern gun shoot.
- If you start with a vintage gun, you must finish with one
- If you start with a modern gun, you must finish with one
- There will be two different shoots – one vintage and one modern
- The shoot will consist of a round of trap at 16 yds., a round of skeet, and ending with 25 bird at 5 stand
- There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies for both classes
- The entry fee is $5 plus the cost of 3 rounds. Please do not forget to log your three rounds on your log sheet
After promising that we were going to install Wi-Fi, I have to regretfully inform you that it is not going to happen. After checking with various providers, it has been determined that getting a signal/service is not possible at this time. There are hot spot services available but they are not cost effective.
Trap field 1 is still not operational due to a broken motor. The motor is being repaired and it is hoped that this field will be up and running in the next couple of weeks.
I want to remind everyone that our shooting hours are 9am to 9pm if shooting under the trap and/or skeet lights. If not shooting under the lights, shooting stops a half hour before dark. Our special use permit restricts shooting only during these time frames.
We will be ordering more club hats in the near future. They will be displayed in the book case mounted on the back wall. If you purchase a hat, please put the money an envelope located on the log book desk and place it the club deposit drawer.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Don Lyddon at 815-877-0754. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection, and a $25.00 annual fee.
2017 Club Projects
- Club Wi-Fi
- Replace damaged concrete on the skeet fields
- Machine card readers
2017 Club Events
- Vintage/other gun shoot – 6/24/17
- Old Geezer Shoot – 7/22/17
- Silver Dollar registered skeet shoot – 8/12 & 8/13/17
- Landfill lunch – 9/15/17
- Braggin Rights Shoot – 9/23/17
- Turkey Shoot – 11/4/17
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.