The invoices for the annual dues have been mailed to all members. Payment is due by February 1, 2020. Payment received after February 1, 2020 will not be accepted. In order to be reinstated, a new membership application will be required with a check for $175.00. If you did not receive an invoice please contact me at 815-721-1417.
Now that Marijuana is legal in Illinois the Board of Directors has updated the club policy on alcohol and drug use on club property. The policy reads as follows:
Alcohol and Drug Policy
(Rev. Jan 2020)
Rockford Skeet Club Members and/or Member’s Guest shall not use or be under the influence of any alcohol, marijuana/cannabis or illegal drugs on club property. Club Members, or Member’s Guest shall not use or be under the influence of any stimulants, depressants, tranquilizers or mood altering drugs that are not prescribed by a medical doctor on club property. Alcohol and illegal drugs cannot be stored on club property. Members who violate this rule will be brought before the Board of Directors for disciplinary action and are subject to membership termination.
The lawn crew is looking for a couple of members that would be willing to be backups to the existing crew. If you are interest in being a backup to assist in mowing the grounds, please contact me at 815-721-1417 or email me at email@example.com.
Thanks to Rich Tomasewski and Bob Raley for leveling the stairs on all of the skeet field high houses.
If any member would like to run or nominate someone for the Board of Directors positions of president, secretary, and the three directors for 2020, please contacts Gino Nizzi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations are due by February 1, 2020.
The club will again be having a 10 week trap league and a 10 week handgun league and possibly a 5 stand league this coming spring. I will provide details as they become available.
Now that winter is upon us the following winter shooting rule are in effect.
- Trap and skeet fields and sidewalks are to be cleared of snow before shooting. Shovels are outside of the club house and in the storage barn. The snow blower is available for use and is located in the storage barn. Do not shoot on fields that have not been cleared of snow. Doing so will compact the snow and make it difficult to remove. It is everyone’s job to pitch in to remove snow from the sidewalks and shooting fields.
- As always, gun cases are not permitted in the club house. Guns will be permitted, but it is strongly suggested that they only be kept inside if it is raining or snowing.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-456-2871, or Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
2020 Club Projects
- Skeet field 1 cement sidewalk from station 4 to station 8 and walks from all skeet fields high houses to the stairs – on hold
- Rewiring of skeet field 3 as a result of the installation of the new machines
- Skeet House maintenance
- Paint propane tank
- Safety bars on all low house skeet machines
- Clean out Barn
- Annual Meeting – 3/31/20
- Cleanup Day – 5/2/20
- Registered Skeet Shoot – 6/20 & 6/21/200
- Club Fun Day – 5/30/20
- Landfill Lunch – 9/11/20
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.