It has been another busy and eventful year at the Rockford Skeet Club. The following are the projects and events that were done during the year. The club purchased new skeet machines for all three fields, purchased new receivers and transmitters for the 5 stand venue, new knock down targets for the handgun range, extended the parking lot to the barn. We also held several events including the Silver Dollar Skeet Shoot, a trap and pistol league, trap and 5 stand fun days, Braggin Rights Shoot, and provided lunch for our neighbors at the landfill. I’d say that is was a very good year.
The invoices for the annual dues will be sent out around December 15 and payment is due by February 1, 2020. Payment received after February 1, 2020 will not be accepted. In order to be reinstated, a new membership application will be required with a check for $175.00.
I want to remind everyone of our guest procedure which is as follows.
RSC GUEST PROCEDURE
- Guest(s) and their host member shall print their names and date in the guest log book on every visit to the club.
- The Guest will shoot at member’s round fee. The member may log all rounds (member and guest) on his/her page in the log book to pay for Guest rounds shot. Or, the Guest may pay for their own rounds by placing payment in a payment envelope and clearly marking envelope “payment of guest rounds” including the Guests name.
- The Guest will also be required to pay a $5.00 user fee for each day that he/she shoots. The $5.00 user fee will be deposited in the envelopes provided and will be placed in the club depository located in the clubhouse.
- The member’s spouse, children, and grandchildren (under the age of 25) may shoot under the member’s membership.
- For safety concerns, when members bring more than four guests to shoot at a specific venue (Skeet, Trap etc.) a Board of Directors member or Safety Officer must be present at the venue during shooting.
A safety office or member is required for every 4 guests. If there are eight guests, one member and one safety officer is required, if there are 12 guests, one member and two safety offices are required.
If you are planning on having a large group of guests, please notify me or a board member in advance so the proper arrangements can be made. We want to make sure that everyone is safe and has a good experience.
The lawn crew is looking for a couple of members that would be willing to be backups to the existing crew. If you are interest in being a backup to assist in mowing the grounds, please contact me at 815-721-1417 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also looking for a few more safety officers. If you would like to be a safety officer, please contact me and we will get you trained.
Now that winter is upon us the following winter shooting rule are in effect.
- Trap and skeet fields and sidewalks are to be cleared of snow before shooting. Shovels are outside of the club house and in the storage barn. The snow blower is available for use and is located in the storage barn. Do not shoot on fields that have not been cleared of snow. Doing so will compact the snow and make it difficult to remove. It is everyone’s job to pitch in to remove snow from the sidewalks and shooting fields.
- As always, gun cases are not permitted in the club house. Guns will be permitted, but it is strongly suggested that they only be kept inside if it is raining or snowing.
We are selling club T-shirts for $15.00 each and they are located on the back counter of the club house. We have medium, large, extra-large, and 2X large. To buy a shirt, please put your cash or check in a club envelope dully marked and put the envelope in the deposit drawer.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-456-2871, or Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
2020 Club Projects
- Skeet field 1 cement sidewalk from station 4 to station 8 and walks from all skeet fields high houses to the stairs – on hold
- Level the stairs on the skeet field high houses
- Rewiring of skeet field 3 as a result of the installation of the new machines
- Skeet House maintenance
- Paint propane tank
- Safety bars on all low house skeet machines
- Clean out Barn
- Annual Meeting – 3/31/20
- Cleanup Day – 5/2/20
- Registered Skeet Shoot – 6/20 & 6/21/200
- Club Fun Day – 5/30/20
- Landfill Lunch – 9/11/20
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.