The skeet lights have been installed on field 2. I encourage everyone to try them out., it is quite an experience. Thanks again to the members that generously donated money and time to making this project a reality. Thanks to Rich Tomazewski for coordinating the construction and subcontracting of the lights. The following rules apply
•Positively no shooting after 9 PM
•Your key will unlock the pad lock on the power switch for the lights which is
located on the light pole closest to the low house
•When done shooting turn off the lights and lock the power switch with the pad
lock in the off position
•Load the skeet machines with targets
•Log your rounds
The club held our annual steak lunch for our neighbors across the road, the Winnebago Landfill. Thanks to Jeff Theien, John Lichty, and crew for all that they do for the club – snow and garbage removal, target loading, excavating, gravel, etc. Great neighbors!!! Thanks guys.
The Braggin Rights Shoot has been rescheduled to October 20, 2012. This is a fun shoot for all club members. Twenty five each of trap, skeet, and 5-stand will be shot. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three shooters and drawings will be held for all of the entered shooters. Guests are welcome but they cannot share in the prizes. It is a fun day and I encourage all levels of shooter to come on out and have some fun. Can anyone unseat our three time champion George Ketter? Lunch will be provided. The following rules apply.
• Cost is $5.00 per man plus you pay for your own rounds. You will shoot one round of trap, skeet, and 5 stand
• Total of all three scores will determine the winners. Ties will be determined by a shoot off.
• All entry money is returned at:
o 1st place – 50%
o 2nd place – 30%
o 3rd place – 20%
• You can shoot any gauge at any field
• Shooting between 9:00 AM and 12 noon
• If you do not wish to shoot in the event, you can shoot anyway at any open field or spot
• Members only may shoot in the event but club is open to guests
It has been brought to my attention that # 6 shot shells were found in the shot shell disposal bin. Just a reminder that shot larger than 71/2 cannot be used on club property.
Trap field 2 is down for machine repairs. Please use field 1.
President, Rockford Skeet Club