Through a program with Commonwealth Edison, the club will be getting new LED trap and skeet lights at no cost to the club. The lights will be installed on Thursday May 11 starting around 9 am. Therefore, no shooting will be allowed on skeet field 2 and trap field 2 until the work has been completed.
The Green County Conservation League is having a gun show on May 12 & 13. Our club will have a table display and needs help to man it. This is a great opportunity to promote our wonderful club and to hopefully get new members. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Mike Buckman at 815-608-5278.
Skeet under our brand-new stadium lights begins May 16th! Come join your friends for a couple of low-key rounds of skeet on the first and third Tuesdays of the month. We start at 7 pm and the lights are on before our last round ends at 9 pm. You can always bring any gun you like, but starting in June we’ll feature show and tell theme nights.
Our annual club cleanup day is Saturday June 3 starting at 8 am. Please bring your trimmers, chain saws, blowers, etc. No shooting will be allowed until all of the work is done. Your help is needed in order to keep our club house and grounds looking beautiful. Lunch will be provided.
A skeet Tutorial is planned for Saturday June 10 at 10 am. If you are interested in getting some basic instruction and improving your score, please consider coming out. This can also be very beneficial for new shooters.
Rockford Skeet Club will be hosting a club fun day on June 24, 2023 starting at 9 am until around 1 pm. We have invited NIRPC members to join us. All venues will be open. There will be attendance drawings for ammo, a raffle for $1.00 per ticket for10 rounds and a free lunch. Also, if you break a pink target, you will receive an extra attendance drawing ticket. Please check in at the club house to receive your attendance ticket before shooting. Come on out and join the fun. Guests are welcome
The skeet hoop for calibrating the skeet machines has been repaired and thanks to Bill Should and Dan Ratzer, all of the skeet fields have been calibrated.
Also, the flag pole has been fixed thanks to Mike Buckman. Now you can gage the wind to help improve your scores LOL.
We now have the capability to receive WiFi and internet at the club. Mike Buckman will install the antenna and the modem in the next few days. The password will be available at that time.
Starting April 1, 2023, guests will be required to sign a waiver of liability. The updated guest procedure is as follows. It is expected that all members will follow this procedure when bringing guests to the club.
- The Guest will shoot at member’s round fee. The member may log all rounds (member and guest) on his/her page in the log book to pay for
Guest rounds shot. Or, the Guest may pay for their own rounds by placing payment in a payment envelope and clearly marking envelope
“payment of guest rounds” including the Guests name.
- The Guest will also be required to pay a $5.00 user fee for each day that he/she shoots. The $5.00 user fee will be deposited in the envelopes provided and will be placed in the club depository located in the clubhouse.
- The member’s spouse, children, and grandchildren (under the age of 25) may shoot under the member’s membership.
- For safety concerns, a safety offices or board member is required for every four guest that are brought to the club (i.e., 4 guests 1 safety officer/board member, 5 to 8 guests 2 safety offices/board members, 9 to 12 guests 3 safety offices/board members, etc.).
Effective: Revised March 2023
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at
815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-631-9366, Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483, or Dan Gengo at 815-572-1423. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
- Club internet – in process
- Replace furnace – completed
- Install card readers
- Seal coat parking lot
- Repair/replace handgun range heater
- Install a vent in the club house closet door – completed
- Repair flag pole – completed
- Repair skeet hoop – completed
- Spring cleanup day – 6/3/2023
- Fun day – 6/24/2023
- Fun day – 8/26/23
- Landfill lunch – 9/22/23
- Venue tutorials
- Skeet – June 10
- Trap – July 12
- 5-Stand – August 12
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s mission is to promote clay target shooting and complementary shooting sports. The objectives are to promote those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its membership.
President, Rockford Skeet Club