Starting April 1, 2023, guests will be required to sign a waiver of liability. The updated guest procedure is as follows. It is expected that all members will follow this procedure when bringing guests to the club.
- The Guest will shoot at member’s round fee. The member may log all rounds (member and guest) on his/her page in the log book to pay for
Guest rounds shot. Or, the Guest may pay for their own rounds by placing payment in a payment envelope and clearly marking envelope
“payment of guest rounds” including the Guests name.
- The Guest will also be required to pay a $5.00 user fee for each day that he/she shoots. The $5.00 user fee will be deposited in the envelopes provided and will be placed in the club depository located in the clubhouse.
- The member’s spouse, children, and grandchildren (under the age of 25) may shoot under the member’s membership.
- For safety concerns, a safety offices or board member is required for every four guest that are brought to the club (i.e., 4 guests 1 safety officer/board member, 5 to 8 guests 2 safety offices/board members, 9 to 12 guests 3 safety offices/board members, etc.).
Effective: Revised March 2023
Through a program with Commonwealth Edison, the club will be getting new LED trap and skeet lights at no cost to the club. The lights and fixtures should be installed in the next 30 days.
Our spring cleanup day has been moved to June 3 from May 5 due to a scheduling conflict with some of the board members.
The pistol league has been cancelled as George Ketters has some health issues. There is a possibility that it may be rescheduled during the summer.
We are planning to have tutorials for skeet on June 10, trap on July 15, and 5-stand on August 12 starting at 10:00 am. This is a good opportunity for to help new shooters improve their score.
For any members of our club and the Northern Illinois Rifle and Pistol Club that wants to be a member of the other club, the initiation fee for both clubs will be waived.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at
815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-631-9366, Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483, or Dan Gengo at 815-572-1423. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
- Club internet – TBD
- Replace furnace – completed
- Card readers – TBD
- Seal coat parking lot
- Repair/replace handgun range heater
- Install a vent in the club house closet door – completed
- Repair flag pole
- Repair skeet hoop
- Spring cleanup day – 6/3/2023
- Fun day – 6/24/2023
- Fun day – 8/26/23
- Landfill lunch – 9/22/23
- Venue tutorials
- Skeet – June 10
- Trap – July 12
- 5-Stand – August 12
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s mission is to promote clay target shooting and complementary shooting sports. The objectives are to promote those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its membership.
President, Rockford Skeet Club