The three skeet fields have been landscaped with additional dirt and seeding. Please avoid as much as possible from walking on the infields. We will attempt to keep it watered to facilitate rapid grass growth.
The Thursday evening 5 stand shoots have begun and will continue into the fall, weather permitting. These are fun shoots and all members and guests are welcome.
This year’s Vintage/other gun shoot is Saturday June 16 at 9:00am. Vintage guns are defined as shotguns made prior to World War II. Other guns are pumps, autos, side by sides, and over and unders made after WW II. Lunch is included. Todd Hendrey and crew will be hosting this event.
Rules for the vintage and modern gun shoot.
- If you start with a vintage gun, you must finish with one
- If you start with a modern gun, you must finish with one
- There will be two different shoots – one vintage and one modern
- The shoot will consist of a round of trap at 16 yds., a round of skeet, and ending with 25 bird at 5 stand
- There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies for both classes
- The entry fee is $5 plus the cost of 3 rounds. Please do not forget to log your three rounds on your log sheet.
We held our second hand gun shoot on June 2. The winners are: 1st Bill, Shold, 2nd Dan Retzer, and 3rd Milt Schwanke. Congratulations gentlemen. Another handgun shoot is schedule for Saturday July 7 at 10 am. The rules for this shoot are as follows. By the way these shoots are a lot of fun. Come on out and give it a try.
Course of fire ” El Presidente”
- 3 targets at 11 yards. At whistle shooter will fire 2 shots on each target, reload and shoot two more shots on each target. Shooter will start with 6 rounds in the gun and reload with 6 rounds. You can shoot left to right or right to left either way the last target shot with first 6 rounds will be first target shot after reload. This will be repeated 3 times, 36 round total.
- 22 rim fire shooters will shoot for free and not compete for prize money.
- $5 entry fee, money back to shooters minus .50 cent of entry fee per shooter for targets, etc.
- This is a timed event, fastest time wins. Any shot out of the scoring area will be a one second penalty. Example, after 3 rounds your time is 24 seconds but there were 3 shots out of scoring area the score would be 24 +3 = 27 seconds.
- Only one shooter at a time but since there is no scoring, x, 10, 9, etc. just replacing center of target it should take less than 5 minutes per shooter.
If you have not noticed, we have a new club sign on the side of the storage barn. We replaced the old sign that hung on the fence as it was in very bad shape.
2018 Club Projects
- Skeet Fields Landscaping – completed
2018 Club Events
- Vintage/other gun shoot – 6/16/18
- Handgun shoot – 7/7/18
- Silver Dollar Registered Skeet Shoot – 7/14 & 7/15
- Old Geezer Shoot – 8/8/18
- Landfill Lunch – 9/14/18
- Braggin Rights Shoot – 10/6/18
- Turkey Shoot – 11/10/18
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.