The board of directors welcomed Steve Wiltgen to the position of director at our July meeting. Steve is replacing Todd Hendry who has decided to resign his position as a result of his busy work schedule running his family business. I want to thank Todd for his past years of serving on the board and for his dedicated service to the club.
Twilight Tuesday skeet shoots will be July 12 and 26 starting at 7 pm. Why not experience skeet under the lights with fellow club members? Guests are also welcome, so call a friend and bring your gear for a couple of low-key rounds of skeet as the sun goes down. Shooting will be under the lights for the last round ending at 9 pm.
The road in front (east) of the skeet and trap fields is being used by the Norther Illinois Pistol and Rifle club members and by trucks bringing in materials to build their ranges. The road is being used more than in the past several years. Therefore, if you see or hear vehicles on that road, shooting is to stop until the vehicles have cleared the roadway. This is a safety precaution to prevent any persons or vehicles from be hit by falling shot.
We are planning on hosting a skeet and 5-stand tutorial in the fall. This will be an
opportunity to get some instruction on these two venues especially for new members. I will provide more information as details are finalized.
We are in need of a few more safety officers. If you are interested in becoming a safety officer and/or want some more information, please contact me at email@example.com.
I want to remind everyone of our guest procedure which has been revised as follows.
RSC GUEST PROCEDURE
- Guest(s) and their host member shall log into the guest book and provide the required information on every visit to the club.
- The Guest will shoot at member’s round fee. The member may log all rounds (member and guest) on his/her page in the log book to pay for Guest rounds shot. Or, the Guest may pay for their own rounds by placing payment in a payment envelope and clearly marking envelope “payment of guest rounds” including the Guests name.
- The Guest will also be required to pay a $5.00 user fee for each day that he/she shoots. The $5.00 user fee will be deposited in the envelopes provided and will be placed in the club depository located in the clubhouse.
- The member’s spouse, children, and grandchildren (under the age of 25) may shoot under the member’s membership.
- For safety concerns, a safety offices or board member is required for every four guest that are brought to the club (i.e., 4 guests 1 safety officer/board member, 5 to 8 guests 2 safety offices/board members, 9 to 12 guests 3 safety offices/board members, etc.).
Effective: Revised July 2022
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at
815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-456-2871, Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483, or Dan Gengo at 815-572-1423. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
- Rebuild trap houses – June/July
- Remove clay targets on skeet fields – completed
- Pistol range heaters – Completed
- Gravel for the pistol range and 5-Stand road
- Landfill lunch – 9/16/22
- Club fun day – 9/24/22
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s mission is to promote clay target shooting and complementary shooting sports. The objectives are to promote those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its membership.
President, Rockford Skeet Club