The club Board of Director has revised the Coronavirus Guidelines and they are as follows. Your cooperation in following these guidelines will help in preventing the spread of the virus.
State and club guidelines shall be followed in order to help prevent the spread of the virus. As a shooting club, we have to maintain a culture of safety in all aspects for all club members as well as those of our community and state. Given the age demographics and active participation of club members in all of our club operations, these guidelines shall to be followed. These guidelines are subject to revision as conditions change.
Club Coronavirus Guidelines
- Maintain social distancing of six feet
- Masks are not required
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently
- When coughing cover mouth and cough into bend in elbow
- Use the provided wipes/hand sanitizer to clean surfaces and remotes
- If sick for any reason or someone in your household is sick, and/or have an underlying health condition stay home.
- No shooting bags are permitted in the club house
- Clubhouse is open for bathroom use, drinks, logging rounds, and for cooling off due to the heat. A maximum of 10 people are allowed in the club house at any given time.
- Bring chairs to sit outside if desired. Club house chairs are not to be used outside.
- Food is not to be prepared in the club house.
- Soda and water are now available in the club house and coffee can be made
- If you have hand sanitizers, please bring them with you and use them often.
- Only one person is allowed in the machine houses at any given time
- Logging rounds (use your personal pen/pencil)
- Sanitize hands before and after recording rounds in the log books
- Three person squads are recommended with a designated puller. However five person squads are permitted with no designated puller
- Sanitize remotes after each use with provided wipes/hand sanitizer. DO NOT remove remotes from plastic bag.
- 5 person squads are permitted
- Limit interpersonal contact maintaining social distancing when setting up and closing fields.
- Sanitize remotes before storing with provided wipes/hand sanitizer
- 5 stand
- 5 person squads are permitted
- Sanitize remotes after each use with provided wipes/hand sanitizer.
- Handgun range
- An empty lane is recommended to be maintained between shooters. However, all lanes can be used at any given time.
July 18 will be the next pistol shoot. It will be good guy bad guy targets with 32 shots. Relays will be at 9:10 and 11 with 8 shooters per relay. Send an e-mail to George Ketter at email@example.com to let him know what time slot you want.. If you have not signed up and are interested in shooting this event please call George at 815-456-2871 or email him.
The BOD is considering have a free of charge pig roast in the fall provided that we can get enough members, their immediate family and grandchildren to attend. A survey will be sent out asking who and how many of your family will attend. It is tentatively planned for October 10 and I will provide more details as that date approaches.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-456-2871, or Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
2020 Club Projects
- Skeet field 1 cement sidewalk from station 4 to station 8 and walks from all skeet fields high houses to the stairs – on hold
- Rewiring of skeet field 3 as a result of the installation of the new machines – in process
- Skeet House maintenance – fall time frame
- Paint propane tank – fall time frame
- Safety bars on all low house skeet machines – completed
- Seal coat parking lot – completed\
- Carpet cleaning – completed
- Clean out Barn
- Annual Meeting – cancelled
- Cleanup Day – rescheduled to 9/26/20
- Registered Skeet Shoot – Cancelled
- Club Fun Day – cancelled
- Landfill Lunch – 9/11/20
- Pig roast – 10/10/20
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.