Just a reminder, the 2015 annual club dues deadline is February 1 2015. If dues are not paid by that date, a new application for membership will be required to rejoin the club along with $175 payment.
It has been another good year for our club. As I do every year, the following are the events and projects that were completed during the year. Events: registered skeet shoot, bragging rights shoot, geezer shoot, landfill lunch. Projects: construction and completion of the handgun range.
As you may or may not know, only designated members are allowed to adjust and repair our trap, skeet, and 5 stand machines. Therefore, please do not make any adjustments or attempt to repair any of the machines. If a machine is down, contact me, any BOD member, or the designated repair person. All of the names and phone numbers are located on the bulletin board in the club house.
If you are interested in running for the Board of Directors for the positions of vice president, treasurer, and three directors or want to make a nomination, please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations are due by February 1, 2015 and elections will be held in March 2015.
Now that the weather is turning bitterly cold, it is important to turn on the heaters in the skeet high houses in an attempt to prevent targets from freezing together and throwing two targets at a time. The control is located above the power switches. Simply twist the nob for up to six hours of heating.
A new coffee maker has been installed in the club house. It is very simple to operate and the instructions on posted on the side of the unit.
Thanks to the generosity of John Bailey, We now have a new propane heater in the handgun range building. The old umbrella heater is not working and will be moved to the storage barn for possible repair. Thanks John.
A new load of targets will be arriving the week of January 5. We will be receiving White Flyer targets instead of the Champion targets and I’m sure that some of you will be very happy. The price of the White Flyers are now the same price as the Champion targets.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278 for weekend morning classes and Don Lyydon at 815-877-0754 for weekday afternoon classes. The classes are under an hour long. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection. A twenty five dollar annual fee for 2015 is due at the completion of the class. Under no circumstance can anyone use the range before completing the course.
WINTER SHOOTING RULES
The following winter shooting rules are affective immediately:
- Trap and skeet fields and sidewalks are to be cleared of snow before shooting. Shovels are outside of the club house and in the storage barn. The snow blower is available for use and is located in the storage barn. Do not shoot on fields that have not been cleared of snow. Doing so will compact the snow and make it difficult to remove. It is everyone’s job to pitch in to remove snow from the sidewalks and shooting fields.
- As always, gun cases are not permitted in the club house. Guns will be permitted, however it is strongly suggested that they only be kept inside if it is snowing or raining.
2015 Club Projects
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved and on hold
- Electrical power and cameras for the 5 stand and handgun range – under consideration
2015 Club Events
- Annual meeting – 3/28/15
- Spring cleanup – 5/2/15
- Registered Skeet Shoot – 8/15,16/15
- Landfill lunch – 9/8/15
- Bragging Rights Shoot – 10/10/15
President, Rockford Skeet Club