Club member Jeff Fillmore has graciously donated sound abatement material and his time to install it in the handgun range. Jeff started work last week and plans to complete the job sometime this week. It is looking GOOD!!! I’m sure it will make a big difference in reducing the noise. Thanks Jeff to you and your wife for making this happen.
Effective immediately, John Bailey has resigned from his position as club treasurer. John’s contributions to the club have had a positive influence on where the club is today. Thanks John for all that you have done for us. As authorized in the club by laws, I have appointed Randy Scott to fulfill the remainder of John’s term which ends at the annual meeting scheduled for March 28. 2015. Randy will, however, run for treasurer during this year’s election.
Club dues had to be paid by February 1 2015. If dues were not paid by that date, a new application for membership will be required to rejoin the club along with $175 payment.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278 for weekend morning classes and Don Lyddon at 815-877-0754 for weekday afternoon classes. The classes are under an hour long. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection. A twenty five dollar annual fee for 2015 is due at the completion of the class. Under no circumstance can anyone use the range before completing the course.
WINTER SHOOTING RULES
The following winter shooting rules are affective immediately:
- Trap and skeet fields and sidewalks are to be cleared of snow before shooting. Shovels are outside of the club house and in the storage barn. The snow blower is available for use and is located in the storage barn. Do not shoot on fields that have not been cleared of snow. Doing so will compact the snow and make it difficult to remove. It is everyone’s job to pitch in to remove snow from the sidewalks and shooting fields.
- As always, gun cases are not permitted in the club house. Guns will be permitted, however it is strongly suggested that they only be kept inside if it is snowing or raining.
2015 Club Projects
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved and on hold
- Electrical power and cameras for the 5 stand and handgun range – under consideration
- Pulley systems for the handgun range
2015 Club Events
- Annual meeting – 3/28/15
- Spring cleanup – 5/2/15
- Registered Skeet Shoot – 8/15,16/15
- Landfill lunch – 9/8/15
- Bragging Rights Shoot – 10/10/15
President, Rockford Skeet Club