The club’s annual Silver Dollar Register Skeet Shoot was held on July 14 and 15. Due to the weather, we had some last minute cancellations. The club however made $433. I want to thank Dave and Beth Schroeder and crew for hosting this event and also thanks to Rich Tomasewski for manning the kitchen and preparing the food.
We have a handgun shoot schedule for this Saturday August 11 starting at 10 am. It is a Good Guy/ Bad Guy Shoot. The rules are as follows.
- There will be 6 paper targets and 5 steel targets. 17 shots required. 2 runs, total of 34 shells if you don’t miss.
- There will be good guys, don’t shoot them, 1 second penalty if you do. Paper targets require 2 shots, steel 1. Small steel plate will stop the clock.
- Magazines loaded with 8 rounds plus 1 in the chamber 9 total. Spare mag with 8 rounds. If you don’t miss that will be enough shots to complete the course. Extra 1911 magazines will be available if a shooter needs a 3rd mag.
- Fastest time for 2 runs wins.
The Board of Directors has authorized the purchase of two sets of wireless Canterbury Voice Calls for the trap fields. The old ones are starting to present some problems. The new calls have been ordered and should be received early next week.
The BOD also authorized the installation of a sidewalk on skeet field 3 from station 4 to station 8. Also walkways will be installed from the skeet semi-circle to the high house stairs on all three skeet fields. If anyone has any other ideas regarding walkways, please let me know. Work will be done this fall.
Due to a scheduling conflict and past poor attendance, the Old Geezer Shoot scheduled for August 18 has been cancelled. We may or may not decide to bring it back next year.
We have some new hats for sale at $20.00 each. They are located in the book case on the back wall of the club house. If you buy a hat, please put the money in an envelope that is on the log book desk and put the envelope, duly marked, in the deposit drawer.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-456-2871, or Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection, and a $25.00 annual fee.
2018 Club Projects
- Purchase trap voice call systems – approved and on order
- Skeet fields cement walkways – approved
2018 Club Events
- Handgun shoot – 8/11/18
- Old Geezer Shoot – cancelled
- Landfill Lunch – 9/21/18
- Braggin Rights Shoot – 10/6/18
- Turkey Shoot – cancelled
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.