Skeet field 3 is down as a result of a broken part on the low house machine. The part is on order and should be delivered in the next few days. In the meantime, please use fields 1 and 2.
One of the night skeet lights bulbs is burnt out on field 2. We will be replacing it in the near future.
Again it has been brought to my attention that some of our members are not loading the machines when done Shooting. This is a requirement for all members, so please load the machines so that the next shooters don’t have to load them because you didn’t. The empty boxes should be broken down and put into the dumpsters.
A policy has been written and approved by the BOD regarding alcohol and drugs on club property. The policy reads as follows:
Rockford Skeet Club Members or Member’s Guest shall not use or be under the influence of any alcohol or illegal drugs on club property. Club Members, or Member’s Guest shall not use or be under the influence of any stimulants, depressants, tranquilizers or mood altering drugs on Club property. Alcohol and illegal drugs cannot be stored on club property. Members who violate this rule will be brought before the Board of Directors for disciplinary action and are subject to membership termination.
The following Safety Rules have been updated and are posted in the club house. These rules along with the Alcohol and Drug policy are contained in the policy/procedures book located in club house and will soon posted on our web site – rockfordskeetandtrap.com.
- Muzzle direction: point up, to the ground, down range
- Breaches are to be open at all times when not shooting
- Load and unload guns on station only when it is your turn to shoot
- Absolutely no “Dry Firing/Pointing” of a firearm in the club house. Do not mount or point guns towards the road
- Eye and ear protection is required while on a shooting field
- No shooting alone. A minimum of two people are required at all times on club property when shooting
- No shot larger than 8 is permitted
- Always unload your gun immediately if there is a hold up and/or malfunction. If you have a misfire or malfunction, keep your gun pointed down range until it can be safely unloaded. Always check for obstructions in the barrel before attempting to fire the gun
- All handguns are to be concealed at all times on club property.
- No rifles, handguns (unless licensed to conceal carry), BB guns are to be used/fired on club property
- Rockford Skeet Club Members or Member’s Guest shall not use or be under the influence of any alcohol or illegal drugs on club property
- Pick up shell casings when done shooting.
- Don’t walk in front of trap machines until the arm is released and the power is turned off
- Shut down the houses and machines when done shooting.
- Release trap arm
- Turn off power to the machine and the field
- Load machines with targets
- If a cord is used, roll it up and store in the low skeet house or in the storage building if using the trap fields.
- Lock all house
- Club shooting hours must be adhered to strictly: 9:00 AM to ½ hour before dusk, except when shooting under the lights. All shooting must stop by 9:00 PM. Our special Use Permit is very clear on this issue. No violations!
- All guests must be logged into the guest book
- Remember: Firearms safety is no accident. Safety is every ones job. BE SAFE, KEEP IT OPEN, AND HAVE FUN
The BOD has again agreed to donate $250.00 to the Boy Scout Shoot which will be held at the Upland Gun club on September 13, 2014.
2014 Club Projects
- Handgun range – approved and in process
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved
- Electrical power and cameras for the 5 stand and handgun range – under consideration
2014 Club Events
- Landfill lunch – 9/9/14
- Bragging Rights Shoot – 10/11/14
- Geezer and side by side shoot – TBD
President, Rockford Skeet Club