The Board of Directors has approved the purchase of two new sets of Promatic skeet machines for fields 1 & 2. The machines on field 3 will be replaced later this year or in the spring of 2020. Delivery of the machines will be in the next couple of week. The Board also approved extending the parking lot to the barn. The work will be done by William Charles and should be completed sometime in May of this year.
If you are planning on shooting in our spring trap league you will need to sign up by April 1 if you haven’t done so already. The league starts on April 17. Non members are welcome to participate so ask your friends to join you. CONTACT: Jeff Celletti to signup or if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-713-6322.
Our annual meeting is on Saturday March 30, 2019 at 9am at the club. The BOD will be addressing club finances, events and projects, election results, and taking questions from the attendees.
The electronic ballots and the paper ballots, for those that do not have email, for the 2019 board of director’s election have been sent out to the membership.
A meeting/discussion was held with the Northern Illinois Pistol and Rifle Club regarding plans for the quarry. The following are some of the topics discussed.
- The NIRPC is continuing to pay off the Harrison Av. Property where the club currently shoots and has approximately two years left to complete sale and deed transfer.
- In addition, NIRPC is paying the earnest money to S & T Land Corporation for the RSC property. Approximately two years of earnest payments are left before having to secure loan for completion of sale
- NIRPC stated they have not secured a loan for the balance of procurement of RSC land but don’t feel that this will be a problem as they have secured an MOA with RSC for continuing rent payments which will generate income for consideration by a loaning institution.
- Some discussion ensued as to how the quarry will be developed. NIRPC may look at providing year round facilities with electricity and water but these plans are not final. First course of retrofit will be to fill the pond then provide some berms for shooting purposes. None of this is final and plans for overall development appear at least several years off.
- RSC asked if the club could get an agreement for increased scope of overshoot for 5-Stand. NIRPC agreed to consider and would bring up at their next monthly meeting.
- To end the meeting NIRPC and RSC members agreed to continue to meet and work on facilitating discussions for future operations of both clubs.
The Silver Dollar Registered Skeet Shoot is June 22-23, 2019. Please register early. This is a 30 shooter event. $48 a gun fees included. Payouts are 1-5 = 100%, 6-13 = 65/35%, 14+=50/30/20%. $8/ stays in Class $2/ Gun Champ. All Shoot offs will held at the end of each day. For registration please email email@example.com with your rotation preferences and shooting squads, or preregister on myskeet.com (shoot# 155268)
Rotations Sat 6/22 Sun 6/23
12ga 20ga 28ga 410ga
1 9:30 1:00 11:00 2:30
2 11:00 2:30 9:30 1:00
Lunch will be served and is included for registered shooter. Any questions please call Chuck Jones 815-275-0090. General Info: This mandatory purse skeet shoot with a set of rotation of events, times and fields. All current NSSA rules will apply and shoot is restricted to NSSA members. It is the SHOOTER’S responsibility to have their average card in order. Shoot management reserves the right to refuse entry of anyone that may interfere with the harmony of a shoot and reserves the right to change or cancel any portion of the program it deems warranted. No refunds of paid entries will be made unless circumstances warrant it. Emails will confirm your squad registration.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-456-2871, or Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
2019 Club Projects
- Skeet field 3 cement sidewalk from station 4 to station 8 and walks from all skeet fields high houses to the stairs – on hold
- Black top the gravel area from the main parking lot to the barn – approved
- New skeet machines for fields 1 & 2 – approved
- Annual Meeting – 3/30/19
- 5 stand day including lunch – 4/27/19
- Spring Cleanup – 5/4/19
- Silver Dollar Registered Skeet Shoot – June 22 & 23
- Trap Day including lunch – 7/13/19
- Landfill lunch – 9/20/19
- Braggin Rights Shoot – 10/12/19
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.