Thanks to LK Roney for donating a brand new gas grill. That was very generous of you LK. Members are free to use it at any time. If at any time the gas runs low, let me or any BOD member know so that it can be refilled.
The skeet field 1 remote has been repaired and is being returned this week. I also ordered a spare one to have on hand when we have any failure.
The night skeet light bulb that was burnt out on field 2 has been replaced. Thanks to Larry Ohda for renting the bucket lift and going up in it to replace the bulb.
We have resumed the construction of the handgun range. The berms will be completed this week and the grass will be seeded on the berms early next week. Shortly after that the cement pad will be poured. The plan is to start construction of the shooting stations/shelter by the end of September. No one will be able to shoot until they have completed the safety training for the handgun range. I will keep you all informed as to when the training will begin. Thanks to Bob Lichty over at the Landfill for building the range.
We held our annual steak lunch on September 9, 2014 for the good folks over at the Landfill. This was a small token of our appreciation for all that they do for us. . Thanks to Jeff Theien, John Lichty, Bob Lichty, and crew for being such great neighbors.
Mark you calendars as the annual Braggin Rights Shoot is Saturday October 11, 2014. I hope to see you all there. You get a free lunch even if you don’t win.
- Date – Saturday, Oct 11
- Time – Must sign in by 0900
- $5 plus your rounds
- 25 each skeet, trap, 5 stand, you keep your own score
- entry money returned at 50% for 1st, 30% for 2nd and 20% for 3rd
- Any gauge can be used at any field
- best total score
- Members only can partake, but guests or those not willing to participate can shoot as space is available
- free lunch at noon
The following is a new policy regarding family members and minor children. The policy will be posted on our web site and in our policy/procedures book located in the club house.
A Membership shall include the principal member applicant and the immediate family who resides within the same domicile – husband, wife, and children or custodial children under the age of twenty-five (25). The principal member will be allowed full access to the Club, voting rights, and the opportunity to serve as a Club officer. Family members under the age of twenty-five (25) will be allowed access to the Club only under the direct supervision of the principal member or other adult Club members.
Our guest procedure has not been followed by some of our members so the following is a reminder as to the proper process when hosting guests at the club
1. All quests are required to complete and sign the guest log.
2. Guests are required to wear a guest badge (located on the bulletin board) while on club property.
3. A fee of $5.00 per guest should be deposited in the payment drawer located at the north end of the long counter running the length of the east wall, e.g. same drawer in which round payments are deposited.
4. All rounds shot by guest(s) and sponsoring member are to be recorded and deducted from the sponsoring members round log sheet.
** If members wish to immediately pay and offset guest rounds then the value of the rounds shot should be included in the same payment envelope with the $5.00 guest fee. Make sure you completely fill out the envelope to include clearly identifying the sponsoring members name. Terry will credit the members round balance the next time he collects payments from the payment drawer.
2014 Club Projects
- Handgun range – approved and in process
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved
- Electrical power and cameras for the 5 stand and handgun range – under consideration
2014 Club Events
- Bragging Rights Shoot – 10/11/14
- Geezer and side by side shoot – TBD
President, Rockford Skeet Club