The handgun range is progressing very well and should be completed by the November 15. Absolutely no one will be able to shoot until they have completed the safety training for the handgun range. I will keep you all informed as to when the training will begin. The two club members that will conduct the training are Milt Schwanke and Don Lyddon. Also the BOD has approved a $25.00 yearly handgun range usage fee. The fee is due upon completion of the safety training.
WINTER SHOOT RULES
The following winter shooting rules are affective immediately:
- Trap and skeet fields and sidewalks are to be cleared of snow before shooting. Shovels are outside of the club house and in the storage barn. The snow blower is available for use and is located in the storage barn. Do not shoot on fields that have not been cleared of snow. Doing so will compact the snow and make it difficult to remove. It is everyone’s job to pitch in to remove snow from the sidewalks and shooting fields.
- As always, gun cases are not permitted in the club house. Guns will be permitted, however it is strongly suggested that they only be kept inside if it is snowing or raining.
We had two successful club shoots in October. The “Braggin Rights shoot was won by Frank Halsey and the Geezer shoot high over all shooter was George Ketter. There were also six first place, 6 second place, and 6 third place winner for the Geezer shoot for of the various age categories. Congratulations to all of the winners. Thanks to all that helped organize both shoots. We will have more fun shoots next year.
Tom Platt has installed heater in all of the skeet high houses in an attempt to prevent targets from freezing together and throwing two targets at a time. I will let you all know how to operate the timers in the near future.
As I have always said, members are welcome to attend the monthly Board of Directors meeting with any issues or concerns. The meetings are held at the club on the first Monday of each month and start at 5 pm. All that I ask is that advance notification be given to me so that I can add you to the agenda.
The invoices for the 2015 club dues will be mailed during the first week of December. Payment is due by February 1, 2015.
2014 Club Projects
- Handgun range – and in process
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved and on hold
- Electrical power and cameras for the 5 stand and handgun range – under consideration
2014 Club Events
- All scheduled events have been completed
President, Rockford Skeet Club