Our annual meeting is set for March 25 at 9:00 am in the club house. The board of directors will be addressing club finances, events and projects, election results, a guest waiver, and will take questions from the attendees.
Starting April 1, 2023, guests will be required to sign a waiver of liability. The updated guest procedure is as follows. It is expected that all members will follow this procedure when bringing guests to the club.
- The Guest will shoot at member’s round fee. The member may log all rounds (member and guest) on his/her page in the log book to pay for guest rounds shot. Or, the Guest may pay for their own rounds by placing payment in a payment envelope and clearly marking envelope “payment of guest rounds” including the Guests name.
- The Guest will also be required to pay a $5.00 user fee for each day that he/she shoots. The $5.00 user fee will be deposited in the envelopes provided and will be placed in the club depository located in the clubhouse.
- The member’s spouse, children, and grandchildren (under the age of 25) may shoot under the member’s membership.
- For safety concerns, a safety offices or board member is required for every four guest that are brought to the club (i.e., 4 guests 1 safety officer/board member, 5 to 8 guests 2 safety offices/board members, 9 to 12 guests 3 safety offices/board members, etc.).
Effective: Revised March 2023
The 2023 club budget has been posted on the bulletin board on closet door for all members viewing. Also posted are the 2022 yearend financial statements.
The handgun range heater is still not working properly. We will make one more attempt to fix it and if not successful, it will be returned to the supplier under warranty.
A new furnace was installed in the club house by club member Evan Bomgarden. Nice job Evan. The furnace looks great and is very quiet.
George Ketter has agreed to have another pistol league in the spring. If you are interested, please send George an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-631-9366, Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483, or Dan Gengo at 815-572-1423. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
- Club internet
- Replace furnace – completed
- Card readers
- Seal coat parking lot
- Repair skeet light
- Repair/replace handgun range heater
- Install a vent in the club house closet door
- Safety officers meeting – 3/11/23
- Annual meeting – 3/25/2023
- Spring cleanup day – 5/5/2023
- Fun day – 6/24/2023
- Fun day – 8/26/23
- Landfill lunch – 9/22/23
- Venue tutorials – TBD
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s mission is to promote clay target shooting and complementary shooting sports. The objectives are to promote those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its membership.
President, Rockford Skeet Club