The 2019 membership dues payment date of February 1 has passed. Payments that are currently in the mail will be accepted. To be reinstated a new membership application will be required with a check for $175.00.
As promised a trap league will be starting at the club on April 17, 2019. The following are the rules and league information.
STARTS APRIL 17TH
- Trap teams will consist of 3 individuals
- Discipline will consist of 2 rounds of standard trap from the 16yd line.
- Fees per round are $3.50 for members, $5.00 for non-members.
- One time sponsor fee/trophy fee to shoot the league is $10 per person.
- League night is every Wednesday 5PM-8PM
- There will be a trophy for each individual on the 1st place team
- There will also be a trophy for high gun
- League will last a total of 10 weeks
SCORING – The combined score from all 10 weeks will be tallied from each team to determine the winning team. High gun will be the most broken birds from an individual in the 10 week period.
- A shooter will receive 1 misfire per round, subsequent misfires will result in a loss bird
- In the event of a premature bird. If you shoot and miss, it will be considered a loss bird.
- A shooter may shoot a week in advance if an absence is anticipated
- If an individual is absent the shooters average minus 2 birds will be used
- Safety First. Hearing protection and safety glasses are required.
- Consumption of any alcoholic beverage on club property is strictly prohibited.
- A shoot may be canceled by the league committee because of weather.
CONTACT: Jeff Celletti for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-713-6322.
Please email or text Jeff RSVP so we may determine how many teams we are going to have.
Teams must be signed up by April 1st
As I stated in a previous message, the water at the club is potable (safe to drink). All test results for nitrates, E.coli, and VOCs were either not present or were within acceptable limits. Copies of the test results have been posted on the club house bulletin board.
The electronic ballots and the paper ballots, for those that do not have email, for the 2019 board of director’s election will be sent out on or before February 15, 2019.
WINTER SHOOTING RULES – Trap and skeet fields and sidewalks are to be cleared of snow before shooting. Shovels are outside of the club house and in the storage barn. Two snow blowers are available for use and are located in the storage barn. Do not shoot on fields that have not been cleared of snow. Doing so will compact the snow and make it difficult to remove. It is everyone’s job to pitch in to remove snow and ice (salt is located in the club house storage closet) from the sidewalks and shooting fields. As always, gun cases are not permitted in the club house. Guns will be permitted, but it is strongly suggested that they only be kept inside if it is raining or snowing.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-456-2871, or Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
2019 Club Projects
- Skeet field 3 cement sidewalk from station 4 to station 8 and walks from all skeet fields high houses to the stairs
- Black top the gravel area from the main parking lot to the barn
- Annual Meeting – 3/30/19
- 5 stand day including lunch – 4/27/19
- Spring Cleanup – 5/4/19
- Silver Dollar Registered Skeet Shoot – June 22 & 23
- Trap Day including lunch – 7/13/19
- Landfill lunch – 9/20/19
- Braggin Rights Shoot – 10/12/19
President, Rockford Skeet Club
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s objectives are to encourage organized target shooting; to forward the development of those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its members now and in the future.