Club Treasurer Randy Scott has informed the Board of Directors (BOD) that he will not be running for re-election next year. Dave Zierke will be replacing Randy and a transition will start in January of next year. Dave will officially be placed on the ballot for the 2023 election in March. Randy has been an integral part of our club for many years and has done an amazing job as treasurer. Thank you, Randy. I look forward to working with Dave and know that his contributions will enhance our club now and in the future. Welcome aboard Dave.
The 2023 dues invoices will be mailed by December 15, 2022 so be on the lookout for it. Payment is due by February 1, 2023.
Looking for great ideas for your holiday shopping? Give the gift of sportsmanship with a gift certificate at Rockford Skeet Club. For $20 you can get two rounds for a guest and two rounds for yourself to help introduce our sport to your friends. There is no guest fee to be paid! For the next several Saturdays at 10 am board members will be at the club house to sell gift certificates. The offer is good for purchase through 1/31/2023, and certificates may be redeemed until 12/31/2023. Happy Holidays from Rockford Skeet Club.
The BOD is considering having a monthly Saturday breakfast and is looking for several volunteers to run/coordinate this event. Job duties includes buying the groceries, cooking, serving, and cleanup. If anyone is interest in helping out, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The club will be getting a new furnace in the next couple of months. Club member Evan Bomgarden, who owns an HVAC company, has given the club a deal that we can’t refuse. As a result, the BOD has come to an agreement with Evan to install a new more efficient furnace. By the way, our current furnace is 27 years old and I would say that we got our money’s worth.
Our friends at the landfill have filled in the pot holes on the handgun/5-stand access road. Thanks much to the folks at the landfill.
As previous reported, we are still working on getting Wi-Fi for the club. The process has been slow but hopefully it will be done in the near future.
WINTER SHOOT RULES
The following winter shooting rules are affective immediately:
- Trap and skeet fields and sidewalks are to be cleared of snow before shooting. Shovels are outside of the club house and in the storage barn. The snow blower is available for use and is located in the storage barn. Do not shoot on fields that have not been cleared of snow. Doing so will compact the snow and make it difficult to remove. It is everyone’s job to pitch in to remove snow from the sidewalks and shooting fields.
- As always, gun cases are not permitted in the club house. Guns will be permitted, but it is strongly suggested that they only be kept inside if it is raining or snowing
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at
815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-631-9366, Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483, or Dan Gengo at 815-572-1423. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
- Rebuild trap houses – approved
- Remove clay targets on skeet fields – completed
- Pistol range heaters – Completed
- Gravel for the pistol range/5-Stand road – in process
- Club internet – in process
- Repair leak in club house roof – completed
- Move patterning board – spring 2023
2022 Events – all events have been completed
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s mission is to promote clay target shooting and complementary shooting sports. The objectives are to promote those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its membership.
President, Rockford Skeet Club