The guest procedure has been updated to eliminate one of the two forms that were required to be filled out. The guest log has been eliminated and the only form that a guest and member is required to sign is the guest waiver. The new procedure is as follows and is effective starting Saturday August 5.
RSC GUEST PROCEDURE
- Guest(s) and their host member shall sign the guest waiver on every visit. This shall serve as approval of the waiver and guest registration.
- The Guest will shoot at member’s round fee. The member may log all rounds (member and guest) on his/her page in the log book to pay for
Guest rounds shot. Or, the Guest may pay for their own rounds by placing payment in a payment envelope and clearly marking envelope
“payment of guest rounds” including the Guests name.
- The Guest will also be required to pay a $5.00 user fee for each day that he/she shoots. The $5.00 user fee will be deposited in the envelopes provided and will be placed in the club depository located in the clubhouse.
- The member’s spouse, children, and grandchildren (under the age of 25) may shoot under the member’s membership.
- For safety concerns, a safety officer or board member is required for every four guest that are brought to the club (i.e., 4 guests 1 safety officer/board member, 5 to 8 guests 2 safety officer/board members, 9 to 12 guests 3 safety offices/board members, etc.).
Effective: Revised August 2023
Rockford Skeet Club will be hosting a club fun day on August 26, 2023 starting at 9 am until around 1 pm. We have invited NIRPC members to join us. All venues will be open. There will be attendance drawings for ammo, a raffle for $1.00 per ticket for three separate drawings for 10 rounds, and a free lunch. Also, if you break a pink target, you will receive an extra attendance drawing ticket. Please check in at the club house to receive your attendance ticket before shooting. Come on out and join the fun. Guests are welcome at no cost to them except for any rounds that they shoot. So, bring a guest.
Club members George Ketter and Alan Perry will be hosting a 5-stand tutorial on Saturday August 12 at 10 am. They will be giving basic shooting instruction including foot position, hold points and break points. If you are new to 5-stand shooting or just want to improve your game, come on out for this beneficial tutorial.
We contracted with a tree removal company to remove trees and trim along the handgun range and 5-stand access road to prevent trees/limbs from falling on the road and potentially damaging vehicles and injuring people. The work was completed on Monday July 31.
The parking lot will be seal coated on August 24 and 25. Therefore, the club will be closed on august 24 and until noon on August 25.
Skeet field 2 is low on birds which is intentional. We want to shoot the targets on the other two field so that we can load all three fields at the same time and also to make room in the barn for our next delivery of targets which is scheduled for August 9.
The Promatic service rep was out to the club on this pasted Monday to service all of the skeet field machines. Everything looked good and he only made some minor adjustments.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at
815-988-2278, George Ketter at 815-631-9366, Caleb Davis at 815-243-1483, or Dan Gengo at 815-572-1423. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection and a $25.00 annual fee.
- Club internet – completed
- Replace furnace – completed
- Install card readers – in process
- Seal coat parking lot – 8/24 & 8/25
- Repair/replace handgun range heater
- Install gutter guards – in process
- Fun day – 8/26/23
- Landfill lunch – 9/22/23
- Venue tutorials
- Skeet – June 10 completed
- Trap – July 12
- 5-Stand – August 12
Remember gun safety is our number 1 priority.
Rockford Skeet Club Mission Statement
The Rockford Skeet Club’s mission is to promote clay target shooting and complementary shooting sports. The objectives are to promote those characteristics of honesty, good fellowship, self-discipline, team-play, and self-reliance which are the essentials of good sportsmanship. It is the duty of all members to contribute to the wellbeing, to protect, to grow, and to enhance the club and its membership.
President, Rockford Skeet Club