The project to run electrical power to the handgun range building has begun. Bob Liphart and Tom Platt have installed the outlets,switches, fixtures, and wiring in the building. The trenching to bury the wire from skeet field 3 will be done in the next week or two. Good job guys. The installation looks great.
Some of our members are not following the guest procedure and unfortunately may not be receiving the proper credit for guest fees and rounds shot. The following is our guest procedure. It is requested that all members become familiar with this procedure. Please print all of the pertinent information as requested on the envelope. Not doing so will cause issues for the member and the club.
- Guest(s) and their host member shall print their names and date in the guest log book on every visit to the club.
- The Guest will shoot at member’s round fee. The member will log all rounds (member and guest) on his/her page in the log book. The Guest will pay a $5.00 user fee for each day that he/she shoots. The $5.00 user fee will be deposited in the provided envelopes and will be placed in the club depository located in the clubhouse or mailed to the address shown on the envelope.
- The member’s spouse; children and grandchildren (under the age of 25) may shoot under the member’s membership and the $5.00 guest fee is waived.
- The guest are required to ware guest badges which are located on the bulletin board.
The following are the major topics that were presented at the annual meeting held on March 21, 2015.
- The club is in the process of investigating the feasibility of buying the land owned by the S&T Corporation.
- The club is also investigating the possibility of buying the overshoot land from the quarry owner.
- When paying for rounds, all members need to fill out all the information required on the payment envelope.
- Breakdown the target boxes before putting them in the dumpsters. Also, it is requested that the broken birds be swept out of the skeet and trap houses when the machines are loaded
- The following were reelected to the Board of Directors: Larry Ohda – VP; Randy Scott – Treasurer; Clay Buhler, Harley Shepherd, and Terry VanDenBoom – Directors.
Our annual spring cleanup date is at 8:30 am on Saturday May 2. Bring out your shovels, rakes, and trimmers. No shooting will be allowed until all of the work is done. I hope to see you there. Lunch will be provided.
If anyone is interested in getting certified for the handgun range, please contact Milt Schwanke at 815-988-2278 for weekend morning classes and Don Lyddon at 815-877-0754 for weekday afternoon classes. You will need to bring a handgun, ammo, eye and ear protection, and a $25.00 annual fee.
2015 Club Projects
- Construction of a 5 stand deck – approved and on hold
- Electrical power for the 5 stand – under consideration
- Electrical power for the handgun range – in process
- Cameras for 5 stand and the handgun range – under consideration
- Pulley systems for the handgun range – design being developed
2015 Club Events
- Spring cleanup – 5/2/15
- Vintage shoot – 6/20/15
- Registered Skeet Shoot – 8/15,16/15
- Old Geezer Shoot – 95/15
- Landfill lunch – 9/8/15
- Bragging Rights Shoot – 10/10/15
- Turkey Shoot – 11/7/15
President, Rockford Skeet Club